Roberto Bagnoli Folk Dance Teaching Workshop
The teaching workshop will be a sort of work in progress, and schedule and topics will depend on how the participants react to the different topics. There is no precise schedule.
Saturday Night – Will invite other dancers to join us and we can practice our newly acquired skills on them.
All participants will be asked to choose a dance to practice teaching. To that end, please bring a dance or two that you are interesting in learning to teach.
We are interested in:
- what difficulties you’ve had teaching folk dance
- what kind of dances you teach
- whether you mainly teach beginners or advanced dancers
- what types of dances you teach: circle dances, couple dances, set dances, or other
- what is the age range of the people you teach
Video will likely be used to review and discuss our teaching attempts.