On Wednesday, August 12 at 7:30 pm PT, Scandinavian Dancer of Vancouver will hold a Zoom session. Anyone interested in peeking in or participating is very welcome. Just click on this link Virtual Scandinavian Dance and we’ll send the Zoom URL and all the information you need.
Given that we are unable to meet in person, we have been gathering via Zoom to get some exercise to beautiful traditional Scandinavian music, and some “different” music we have been throwing in just for fun. In each virtual session, we teach a dance that can be done without a partner. Then during the open dancing part of the evening, we play some couple dance music so people can dance inside their “bubble” or just listen.
The tentative plan for the evening is as follows:
- 7:30 – 8:00 pm Pacific Time – Join In and Social Time
- 8:00 – 8:20 pm – Dance Teaching – BOOT SCOOTIN’ BOOGIE
- 8:20 – 8:50 pm – Recorded Music – dance along in your living room or just listen
- 8:50 – 9:10 pm – “Coffee Break” and Announcements
- 9:10 – 9:40 pm – Recorded Music and Last Waltz
More info: Scandinavian Dancers of Vancouver home page (http://www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi/)
Each of us in our own private space (e.g. living room), will be hearing music appropriate for a variety of dances including:
- Annas Visa
- Tango (e.g. Riitta’s Tango)
- Bugg or Swing
- Åtabaks Polska
- Boot Scootin’ Boogie
Leave A Comment