|WE’VE ADDED AN AUCTION TO THE LINE-UP
At Stockton Folk Dance Camp every year, we shop at the Scholarship Bazaar, enjoy the spirited bidding at the live auction, and carefully keep an eye on the bids at the silent auction. While our Virtual Camp team members were unable to recreate the bazaar and the live auction this year, they were able to simulate a silent auction. Some items that have been donated are shown above. You can view the items currently posted for the auction on Facebook (no bidding allowed until July 14) by clicking here, or using the Facebook search function to find “Stockton Folk Dance Camp Auction 2020.” Stop by and scroll through the items, check your bank account, and plan your bidding strategies. Bidding will open on Tuesday, July 14! Please see the additional information about the auction at the end of this email.More great items or ideas would make the auction evern more exciting, and there is still time to add yours. Email Julie East or Bobi Ashley for instructions for donors.
WE’VE GOT MORE COMMERCIALS FOR YOU TO SHARE
More advertisments have been created for our Virtual Camp this year!
More commercials are being prepared; we will tell you about them in the next E-News. Be sure to share these with friends who might not have heard about our up-coming dance adventures in cyberspace.
CRISTIAN FLORESCU AND SONIA DION’S 10TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Whether or not you attended Stockton Folk Dance Camp in 2010, where Cristian and Sonia got married, you are invited to send them your greetings, best wishes, and congratulations in a special card created for this special year. Here’s the link: tinyurl.com/SandCcard
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS
Click here for information on schedules.
Click here for ways to support programs and guest artists.
Visit the Stockton Folk Dance Camp’s store on CaféPress. T-shirts, totebags, mugs, and more!
IT’S ALL FREE!
Absolutely no payment is required to view any of the presentations during the July 11-18 Virtual Camp. You will have opportunities to support and donate to Camp, as well individual teachers and musicians.
BE SURE TO TAKE AND SHARE PHOTOS!
Please take photos of yourself dancing during the Big Week! If you are able to dance in small groups — perhaps outside, perhaps six feet apart — it would be great to have photos of those happy occasions! If you order some of the commemorative items mentioned above, please include them in the photos you take. Email your photos to Loui Tucker and she will organize and post them on our SmugMug site.
Additional information about Camp’s On-Line Auction:
1. You must join the Stockton Auction 2020 Facebook group in order to place a bid.
2. Items are posted as received for preview until the auction begins 8 am PST on July 14.
3. Bidding does not open until 8 am PST on July 14. The auction will close at the traditional time of “Somewhere around 10pm on July 16.”
4. Bidding is done in the Comments section. Please pay attention to required minimum bids, bid increments, and shipping possibilities. (Will donor ship to your country?) This information will be in the description and first Comment.
5. When the auction is over, the winner pays Stockton Folk Dance Camp by PayPal or check. Arrangements for payment must be made by the end of the day July 18, 2020, PST. The Auction staff will notify the donor, who will package the item and ship it to the address supplied by bidder.
Questions? Email Bobi Ashley or call Julie East at 650-422-0595.